Looking for an organized, self-directed, flexible person to establish and maintain the day-to-day operations and marketing/sales for an individual providing tutoring and writing services. This position will require a little bit of attention every day; we anticipate it should initially take around six to eight hours per week, and may increase in the future.
The position may expand to also include parallel services for a second individual providing software, database, and web development services.
We’re looking for an entrepreneurial-type person to take on all of the small business functions except directly provided services. To a limited extent, it includes coaching the individual on appropriate actions.
Primary responsibilities will include the following:
Marketing and sales
Identify possible sources of work and implement a sales and marketing program designed to communicate both to referral sources and end-users. Included are:
- Lead generation and tracking
- Advertising, public relations and other marketing communications
- Website content creation and maintenance
- Facebook page maintenance
- Initial communications with prospective clients to assess whether they are a good fit, and to discuss pricing, service offerings and other details.
- Communicate with clients (typically parents or adults students)
- Scheduling and calendaring
- Managing tutor’s actual calendar and performance
- Keep records regarding work performed, clients, billings, etc.
- Develop and maintain systems to support these operations activities.
- Assess how well marketing, sales, and other systems are working and suggest improvements.
- Maintain simple financial records (i.e. checkbook),
- Prepare statements when necessary, oversee timely billing of non-cash accounts and monitor collections
- Prepare invoices or receipts for cash clients.
If you are interested, please contact Kim at email@example.com.